Friday 5 October 2012

Identity




I like the theme of identity and hope to use this in my second year. The bottom two images were photographs that I did in first year for a project called private/public. I wanted to come back to these and make them more effective so they would shock my viewer.   I wanted to give off the sense of plastic, as I believe we are in a world that subjects ourselves to peer pressure, especially with women and image.  So many females are having plastic surgery to become the ideal image due to media and social pressure. I wanted to exaggerate this and make my subject completely plastic. So that her identity has been taken, and I believe in years to come that every female will end up having plastic surgery as it will be seen as the fashion.  I just think it's really creepy.

The top image was just a manipulation of mixing a female and male face together. I'm not quite sure where I was going with this, yet I think it's quite effective. You need to look closely to see both faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment