Monday 21 May 2012

New Brighton 21/05/2012

Everyone delights to spend their summer's holiday
Down beside the side of the silvery sea
I'm no exception to the rule
In fact, if I'd my way
I'd reside by the side of the silvery sea.
But when you're just the common or garden Smith or Jones or Brown
At bus'ness up in town
You've got to settle down.
You save up all the money you can till summer comes around
Then away you go
To a spot you know
Where the cockle shells are found.


Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!
Where the brass bands play:
"Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"
So just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee

























Please note all material copyright to Emma Lavender 2012

I had previously been to New Brighton with the uni and had taken photographs using black and white film. I wanted to head back and take photographs of the same place but using digital and wanted to my images to be in colour. There is a dramatic difference between my images. I think black and white suggests archaic where as colour suggest more of a modern look.  I took several images and felt manipulating the images would make them unique and attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment